Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tetris goes free on the Android market!!!

Some might not call this article news worthy but I couldn’t disagree with them more. We here at 1UpNerd love classic video games, we love free games, and we love mobile gaming which is why we are happy to share with you that Tetris is now free on the Android market thanks entirely to EA. For awhile now EA has been trying to infiltrate the non pc/console gaming industry but with competition like Zynga and other large companies that control the market with their style of social games it has been a difficult road. I am guessing that EA is trying to bring attention to its mobile games by releasing everyone’s favorite classic mobile game for free to the world.


Tetris is a wonderful game, I’ve always known what it was but it wasn’t until sophomore year of high school did I really start playing, every day, 5 days a week (in study hall for about 50 minutes) against one of my closest friends on our crappy little phones. At the time it was just about as developed a game as you could put on a phone but even now when I play the game it is always great. It should be a game that comes preloaded on every phone but thanks to EA that isn’t necessary since they made it free.

You can also find the classic but updated version of Worms that if my memory serves me right I played last on Dreamcast, Fifa, and The Sims 3 by EA on your Android phone. EA doesn’t always do everything right (cough, their client attempts) but they definitely did right with me this time.

Link to the free version of Tetris: FREE TETRIS!!!!

Link to other games offered by EA on the Android market: EA Games


If you like our news and reviews, follow us on Twitter @1upnerd or like us on Facebook. Also, share us with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment