Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Rift Patch 1.5 goes live, I wait patiently to see if Trion launches patches better than Blizzard


So news in the world of gaming at the time of this writing is a bit slow. The announcements about this year’s biggest titles have come for the most part and now it is just a waiting game until the games are actually released. The holiday season is still a couple months away and you need something to hold you over until then. Don’t like WoW anymore? Try Rift. I have been playing it steadily since shortly after its release. The developers have held up their end of the bargain for the most part and have been releasing content and updates at a rate that would make vanilla WoW cry. Rift offers unique pvp, in battleground and world pvp, while also offering a solid amount of end game content, some of which is still being reached by the top end players’ months after its release. With its unconventional talent tree system we can already see games like Guild Wars 2 modeling its systems after it. It allows far more flexibility without making everything so easy mode as WoW did.

With any full price MMORPG it is hard to commit the money and time to make it seem worth it, fortunately for you Rift has a very good 2 week long free trial. If you are hesitant about the commitment and aren’t sure you want to get back into the MMO scene, give it a try. When this is being posted Rift will be launching its newest content update, patch 1.5, which is making more changes and allowing end game players both newly end game and late end game more opportunities, something many other games fail to do. I am excited to see what Rift will do as its popularity increases.

P.S. Dead Island has already been picked up by Hollywood to be made into a movie. There aren’t a whole lot of details about it just yet but rumor is they are aiming for a late 2013 release for the movie. Will Dead Island turn out as great as the trailer was? Will it feel over produced in an attempt to be like the trailer? Will Dead Island turn out to be a great Christmas time movie? Lastly, will Dead Island just be another game turned movie that turns out like crap?


If you like our news and reviews, follow us on Twitter @1upnerd or like us on Facebook. Also, share us with your friends! 



2 comments:

  1. I play Rift and I also play WoW. I agree with you at some of your sentiments against WoW. However, there is still ‘WoW magic’ that I can’t turn off my subscription or I’m just afraid to lose it because I already made a big investment on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me WoW just ran its course completely, it was a good game and I played it a ton. Probably more than I ever should have but after 6 years I needed something new and that is when I started playing new MMOs. It wasn't until Rift that I found something I could hold onto for more than a couple months.

    ReplyDelete